Subscribe to Our Newsletters
National Hog Farmer is the source for hog production, management and market news
June 1, 2017
The Maschhoffs welcomed its newest class of summer interns to the Carlyle, Ill., office on May 22. This year’s crop is comprised of seven college students from various universities and geographies.
They kicked off their internship with two days of orientation at headquarters in Carlyle and will reconvene periodically throughout the summer. They will present their final projects to company leadership on Aug. 3 before completing their internship.
“Our internship program exists to give future industry leaders deeper insight into what it takes to make a commercial hog production system successful,” says Senior HR Business Partner and Intern Co-Coordinator Erin Wagoner.
“It is amazing to see their discovery processes and the fresh ideas they’re able to contribute to the company. In the end, they are armed with so many more tools to help them make decisions about their career path,” says Randy Bowman, associate director of Nucleus Systems and intern co-coordinator.
The Maschhoffs’ 2017 interns are:
• Bryce BeVier, an Agricultural Production major at the University of Illinois, is this year’s Business Development intern. He’s the son of Gregg and Jennifer BeVier of Atlanta, Ga.
• Julie Boeker will be joining the Purchasing department for the summer. The daughter of John and Beth Boeker of Iuka, Ill, she attends Murray State University. She is studying Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
• Mar’Quel Collins, daughter of Angela Carter Collins of Florissant, Mo., is this year’s Production intern. She joins The Maschhoffs from Kansas State University, where she is pursuing a degree in Animal Sciences.
• Caleb Grohmann, son of Freddie and Leslie Grohmann of Red Bud, Ill, is the Supply Chain Management intern. Grohmann attends the University of Missouri-Columbia and is pursuing a degree in Animal Sciences.
• Maria Kuhns of Altamont, Ill., joins the Information Technology team for her summer internship. The daughter of Stan and Shelly Kuhns, she attends the University of Missouri-Columbia and is studying Agribusiness Management.
• Jessica Page, daughter of Jay and Julie Page of Preston, Ga., is working with the Genetics team for her internship. She is studying Animal Sciences at Berry College.
• Justin Schwarzlose, son of Robert and Debbie Schwarzlose of Woodlawn, Ill., is the Research and Development intern. He is pursuing a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at the University of Missouri-Columbia College of Veterinary Medicine.
The Maschhoffs internship program began in 2005. Since its inception, 85 students have gone through the program. Interns at The Maschhoffs are exposed to a multitude of areas across the pig production business, but specialize in a specific area over the course of two months.
The Maschhoffs LLC is a hog production company headquartered in Carlyle, Ill. The company has more than 100 years of hog production experience, and is the largest family-owned hog producer network in North America, with nearly 220,000 sows and market hog production sites in nine states. The company has approximately 1,300 employees who, along with about 550 independent farm partners, focus on creating environmentally and economically sustainable hog production systems. Each year, the company raises enough hogs to provide pork to more than 16 million consumers. The company, through a wholly owned subsidiary, also sells branded pork products to retailers, processors and foodservice operators under the Maschhoff Family Farms brand label.
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
Farm Progress America, February 23, 2024Feb 23, 2024
eGenesis, PorMedTec successfully engineer pig donors in JapanFeb 22, 2024
USDA forecasts ‘very, very small growth’ for U.S. meat and poultryFeb 22, 2024
Canada invests $10.6 million to strengthen position in global pork sectorFeb 22, 2024