Subscribe to Our Newsletters
National Hog Farmer is the source for hog production, management and market news
NACMPI was established in 1971 by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
May 15, 2018
U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue today announced the appointment of five new members and 12 returning members to the National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection.
“It is our goal to protect public health, prevent foodborne illness and promote confidence in the U.S. food safety inspection system, which is the most reliable and well-documented in the world,” says Perdue. “These committee members, with their breadth of experience and expertise, will help inform USDA on best practices as we continue to protect public health with the latest advances in science and technology.”
NACMPI was established in 1971 by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service. NACMPI is a discretionary advisory committee that advises on food safety concerns and other matters affecting federal and state inspection program activities. It also contributes to USDA’s regulatory policy development.
The new NACMPI members appointed to serve two-year terms are:
• Thomas Gremillion, Consumer Federation of America
• James Jenkins, Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry
• Amilton De Mello, University of Nevada
• Tina Rendon, Pilgrim’s Pride Corp.
• Kimberly Rice, U.S. Foods
Reappointed NACMPI members are:
• Manpreet Singh, University of Georgia
• Randall K. Phebus, Kansas State University
• Patricia Curtis, Auburn University
• Brian Sapp, White Oak Pastures
• Sherri Jenkins, JBS USA
• Betsy Booren, Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Matz, PC
• Alice Johnson, Butterball
• Michael Crupain, Dr. Oz Show
• Tanya Roberts, Center for Foodborne Illness Research and Prevention
• Kurt Brandt, United Food and Commercial Workers Union
• Dustin Oedekoven, State of South Dakota
• Kryzsztof Mazurczak, State of Illinois
Click here for further information on NACMPI.
You May Also Like
Current Conditions for
Enter a zip code to see the weather conditions for a different location.
Lessons learned from going Prop 12 compliantMar 1, 2024
Research project sheds light on Iowa APP finisher outbreakMar 1, 2024
AASV honors six for outstanding service to swine industryMar 1, 2024
EU proposes €1.9 million to support laid off Danish Crown workersMar 1, 2024