Since 1991, USMEF has recognized selected individuals for their outstanding service to the organization through the Distinguished Service Award. The award recognizes an individual for his or her leadership and lifetime contributions toward the achievement of USMEF’s mission to enhance demand for U.S. red meat exports. This year, the Distinguished Service Award will be presented at USMEF’s Strategic Planning Conference, Nov. 6-8, in Tucson, Ariz.
Nominations are needed to ensure that USMEF identifies and honors a deserving individual whose leadership and involvement in USMEF and its activities have made a significant impact on its work in international markets.
Guidelines for eligibility:
- Nominees from all industry sectors and segments are eligible: livestock, feedgrain and oilseed production; farm industry; agribusiness (supply and service); research and technology; packing and processing; purveying and trading; and government affairs and trade.
- Nominees do not have to be current or former USMEF members.
- Nominees may not be a current employee of USMEF or a current member of the USMEF Executive Committee.
- Nominees may be from the government sector.
- The individual may be honored posthumously.
- The individual must be nominated by a current dues-paying USMEF member.
To submit a nomination, download a copy of the nomination form. Send completed nominations to Jackie Boubin, USMEF director of meeting services, at email@example.com or fax to 303-623-0297 by Wednesday, July 31.