Registration is now open for Kansas State University's 2020 Swine Profitability Conference. The 31st annual conference will be held Tuesday, Feb. 4 at the Stanley Stout Center in Manhattan.
Each year the Swine Profitability Conference focuses on the business side of pork production. "Important swine business topics of risk management, pork demand, value-added production and biosecurity will all be discussed this year," says Mike Tokach, K-State Department of Animal Sciences and Industry distinguished professor and swine extension specialist. "This conference is designed for producers to increase their competitiveness in today's swine industry."
The conference will feature speakers from an array of swine-related businesses and organizations, including:
- Bob Taubert, managing partner at New Horizon Farms, will address the approach to risk management.
- Joe Kerns, Kerns and Associates, will discuss the world meat dynamics and U.S. pork price outlook for 2020.
- Kaden and Emily Roush, R Family Farms, will share their story of raising pigs in north central Kansas.
- Daniel Linhares, Iowa State University, will talk about ways to prevent, control and eliminate swine infectious diseases.
- Steve Dritz, Kansas State University, will focus on the past, present and future of bio-security.
"We feel the speakers for the 31st Annual Profitability Conference are industry leaders with diverse backgrounds and understanding of the swine industry," says Joel DeRouchey, K-State extension swine specialist. "They will provide take-home information for swine producers and allied industry partners alike."
The conference will take place at the Stanley Stout Center, 2200 Denison Avenue. The day begins with coffee and donuts at 9:15 a.m. and the program starting at 9:30 a.m. Lunch is included in the conference, which will end at 3 p.m.
Pre-registration is $25 per participant and due by Jan. 24. Attendees can register at the door for $50 per participant or online prior to the event. For more information, contact Lois Schreiner at 785-532-1267 or email@example.com.