A series of four-state workshops, "Managing Your Unseen Employee: The Ventilation System," will be held in early 2003.
Hands-on demonstrations will review setting fan controllers, adjusting inlets and the effects of static pressure and dirty fans. The demonstrations will use a mobile ventilation room and demonstration boards featuring various brands of ventilation controllers wired to small fans and lights to simulate heating systems.
The classroom sessions will cover the basics of ventilation systems, effective temperature requirements and troubleshooting tools and techniques.
Faculty from South Dakota State University, Iowa State University, University of Minnesota and University of Nebraska at will provide instruction:
- Jan. 23 – Community Center, Irene, SD;
- Jan. 24 – Armory, Sioux Empire Fair, Sioux Falls, SD;
- Jan. 30-31 – Minnesota Pork Congress, Minneapolis, MN;
- Feb. 5-6 – Nebraska Pork Expo, Columbus, NE;
- Feb. 18 – Ortmeier Building, West Point, NE;
- Feb. 19 – Gage County Extension Office, Beatrice, NE;
- Feb. 20 – Ag Park, Columbus, NE;
- Feb. 21 – Ag Park, Columbus, NE;
- Feb. 28 – Western Iowa Tech, Sioux City, IA;
- March 4 – Iowa State University Northwest Research Farm, Calumet, IA;
- March 5 – Iowa State Bank, Sac City, IA;
- March 11 – University of Minnesota Southern Research and Outreach Center, Waseca, MN;
- March 12 – University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center, Morris, MN; and
- March 13 – University of Minnesota Southwest Research and Outreach Center, Lamberton, MN.
Registration costs $40 and includes handouts, lunch and refreshments. To register, call 1-800-767-5287.