October is National Pork Month, and we are highlighting the many different ways to enjoy pork. We invite all lovers of pork to share on social media the different ways you incorporate it into your healthy diet. Each week will feature a new theme.
- Week 1: [Oct. 5-11] #GrillingUpPork
- Week 2: [Oct. 12-18] #TailgatingPork
- Week 3: [Oct. 19-25] #BaconLoversUnite
- Week 4 [Oct. 26-Nov. 1] #PorkApproved
Starting Oct. 5 share your pork dish on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, and use the hashtag designated above that highlights the theme for the week. The NHF staff will follow your posts by scoping out the designated hashtag, select the top social media posts for the week and it will be featured on the National Hog Farmer gallery.
This gallery features the top social media mention showing tasty pork enjoyed by tailgaters. According to Tailgate Research, the typical tailgater is:
- College educated male
- Between the ages of 35 and 44
- Spends over $500 a year on tailgating food
- Attends and/or hosts six-10 tailgate parties each season
- Uses separate coolers for food and beverages
- Travels less than one hour to get to the game
- Tailgate party begins three to four hours before kickoff