The tools to manage hog price risk management have improved significantly in the last 6 months. As a pork producer, the proper use of these tools could have a significant impact on your bottom line. With that in mind, CIH is excited to announce a Winter Webinar Series designed to examine the benefits of these tools and their proper implementation into the overall risk management plan of producers.
Winter Webinar Series #2 - RMA's Livestock Insurance Programs will be held Thursday, February 18, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CST
The recent improvements to the RMA’s Livestock Insurance Programs are already having a positive impact on producers’ bottom lines. It is important to understand the benefits that these programs can provide and the proper methods to integrate the programs into a producer’s overall risk management. CIH has developed cutting edge tools to help producers evaluate the offerings and when utilized, the ability to monitor and track their performance.
CIH's Joe Hrusovsky and Ross Logan will address the following topics:
• Livestock Insurance Programs’ specifications
• How and when to integrate the insurance strategies into your current risk management program
• CIH tools developed to help guide producers’ LRP based decisions
Winter Webinar Series #1 - CME Cutout Futures and Options - Now ON-DEMAND - Recorded January 22
The topic of discussion will be how proper utilization of the new cutout contract will help producers tailor their risk management plan to minimize basis risk and increase hedging effectiveness. It is important to understand how you can potentially benefit from incorporating cutout into your hedging game plan and what tools are available to empower your decisions, says CIH.
CIH's Jon Greteman will address the following topics:
• CME cutout Index and contract specs
• How to analyze your specific hog supply agreement to determine proper utilization of the new cutout contract
• CIH tools developed to help guide producers’ cutout based decisions
Other upcoming CIH webinars:
March 11, 2021 2:00-3:00 PM Central - Putting it All Together