The National Hog Farmer is offering an internship opportunity for a college agriculture communication or journalism major during the World Pork Expo, June 8-10, 2016. The internship offers college students real media experience in a high-pace environment. As a member of a team, the right individual will assist the National Hog Farmer team with social media, online content, photography and assistance with the trade show exhibit. Applicants must be an agriculture major; agriculture communications and journalism majors will be given preference. A strong background in the swine business is a plus. Strong writing and communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and attention to detail are necessary.
- Applicants should be a current college student.
- An agricultural-related major field of study is required.
- It is strongly recommended that the applicant has taken writing, agricultural communications, photography and marketing classes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, video editing and social media experience is necessary.
- A reliable vehicle for transportation will be needed.
- Applicants must have strong writing and communications skills, be detail-oriented, outgoing, enjoy travel, have the ability to work well under pressure and with all types of people and be a self-starter who can work on their own.
The internship is during the World Pork Expo, Iowa State Fairgrounds Des Moines, Iowa.
Supervision: The internship will be supervised by Cheryl Day, National Hog Farmer editor, but during the event will be working with all Penton Media staff.
How to apply
Interested students should email their cover letter, resume, two reference letters, a writing and photography sample to:
Cheryl Day, National Hog Farmer editor: Cheryl.Day@penton.com
Applications must be received on or before May 9, 2016. For more information about the internship, please contact Cheryl Day at 217-454-7233 or email Cheryl.Day@penton.com.