The National Pork Producers Council supports Trump administration guidelines announced Monday to maintain the continuity of critical U.S. infrastructure, including the food supply. U.S. pork producers supply the world's safest, most nutritious and lowest-cost pork in the world and remain committed to supplying Americans and consumers worldwide with the healthy protein they need.
"We are committed to maintaining the core infrastructure of America's food supply: farms," says NPPC president Howard "A.V." Roth, a pork producer from Wauzeka, Wis. "Pork producers and other farmers take seriously the special responsibility we hold for keeping people fed. Telecommuting is not an option for us; we are reporting for work as always while taking all necessary precautions to protect our health and the health of those we work with."
The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America are:
- Listen and follow the directions of your local and state authorities.
- If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
- If your children are sick, keep them at home. Do not send them to school. Contact your medical provider.
- If someone in your household has tested positive for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home. Do not go to work. Do not go to school. Contact your medical provider.
- If you are an older person, stay home and away from other people.
- If you are a person with a serious underlying health condition that can put you at an increased risk (for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function and weakens your immune system), stay home and away from other people.