The Minnesota Pork Board is now accepting applications for its 2020 Pork Industry Award Winners. Nominations are being accepted for five award categories.
- Distinguished Service Award: Recognizes an individual who has gone above and beyond to ensure the success of pig farming and pork production in Minnesota. They may be directly involved in pork production or a member of a related industry or business.
- Environmental Steward: Recognizes an individual who demonstrates the positive contributions the pork industry makes to the natural environment.
- Family of the Year: Honors a pork-producing family who has contributed to the long-term success of the industry through leadership and pork promotion on the local and state levels.
- Pork Promoter of the Year: Recognizes an individual, couple or family who has done an outstanding job promoting pork and/or pig farming on a local, regional or state level. Candidates do not need to be pork producers.
- Swine Manager of the Year: Recognizes an employee (non-owner) who excels in the management of a swine production operation.
Nominations are due Friday, Sept. 6. For any questions regarding the nominations please contact the Minnesota Pork Board at 1-800-537-7675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.