Register by July 30 to get the best rates on registration ($75) and hotel ($89) to attend the 53rd annual George Young Swine Health and Management Conference Aug. 16 at the Marina Inn in South Sioux City, NE.
To register, contact Racheal Slattery at the University of Nebraska at (402) 472-8595 or [email protected] . For a room, contact the Marina Inn at (402) 494-4000 or (800) 798-7980.
Morning presentations include:
- Biosecurity in Filtered Barns with Bryan Myers, DVM, Pipestone (MN) Veterinary Clinic;
- PRRS Control or Elimination – How to Assess Which is Right for Individual Breeding Herds with Derald Holtkamp, DVM, Iowa State University;
- New Technology in Filtered Barns with Steve Pohl of South Dakota State University;
- A Lender’s Evaluation of PRRS Filters with Steve Malakowsky of AgStar Financial.
Afternoon presentations include:
- Logistics Around Getting Pigs Started Correctly, Mike Eisenmenger, DVM, Swine Vet Center, St. Peter, MN;
- Brachyspira-Associated Mucoid Diarrhea Syndromes of Pigs, Eric Burrough, DVM, Iowa State University.
- Oral Fluid Testing in Pigs, Ron Brodersen, DVM, Whole Hog Health Services, Hartington, NE.