A workshop on successful niche pork herd health and production will be part of the Practical Farmers of Iowa annual conference on Jan. 13-14, Des Moines, IA.
The workshop will be held from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., Jan. 13, at the Des Moines Airport Holiday Inn.
Kurt Van Hulzen, DVM, Suidae Animal Health and Production of Algona, IA, and Iowa State University Extension swine field specialist Dave Stender will discuss:
- Key factors to financial success for sustainable swine operations;
- Day-to-day management techniques to help assure profitability;
- Approaches to handling disease and parasite issues;
- Critical management steps to keeping herds clean and
- Winter farrowing building designs developed by niche pork farmers.
For more information and registration, log onto http://www.practicalfarmers.org  or call (515) 232-5661.