USDA’s Agricultural Outlook Forum brings together leadership and more than 100 speakers from throughout the agricultural community, Feb. 20-21, 2014 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel in Arlington, VA.
USDA’s 90th annual outlook forum features Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack moderating two plenary sessions exploring the future of agriculture.
The U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance will host a live streamed Food Dialogues session: Nutrition – Who is Shaping America’s Eating Habits?
Twenty-nine sessions cover:
- New agricultural census
- Agriculture supporting our veterans
- Women in agriculture
- U.S. and foreign agricultural trade outlooks
- Food price and farm income outlooks
- Commodity and weather outlooks
- Agriculture and social media
- U.S. farmland
- Nutrition and food safety
- Invasive pests
- Know your farmer, know your food
- Climate variability
- Rural economics
- Citrus disease challenges
- Extension’s 100-year anniversary.
Early registration of $375 ends on Jan. 21, 2014; thereafter registration is $425. Register online at www.usda.gov/oce/forum .