Steve Meyer, president of Paragon Economics, will address The Ohio Pork Producers Council (OPPC) on surviving the economic downturn in the pork industry at a meeting set for July 17 at Cherry Valley Lodge in Newark, OH. A luncheon will be held following Meyer’s presentation.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Profitability outlook for U.S. hog producers;
- How will the U.S. hog sector adjust to $8 corn?
- How will U.S. grain users ration a short corn crop?
- What’s ahead for hog prices?
- How can I remain a profitable pork producer?
Meyer’s talk is open to the first 75 pork producers who register. For more information, please call the OPPC office at (800) 320-7991.