Nutrient applicators should mark their calendars and plan to head to Wisconsin on Jan. 21-22 for the 2014 joint symposium hosted by the Professional Nutrient Applicators Association of Wisconsin (PNAAW), along with the Midwest Forage Association (MFA) and Wisconsin Custom Operators (WCO).
The symposium features a lineup including speakers from universities, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, industry experts, and producers from across the Upper Midwest who will be discussing topics that both nutrient applicators and livestock producers have identified as being the most timely and relevant to their businesses. Some nutrient management session topics include:
- What do confined animal feeding operation (CAFO) owners expect from their applicators?
- Staying safe around manure facilities & equipment
- Working with towns on local highway issues
- Operating safely in the right-of-way
- Nutrient management regulation update
- New equipment in the manure application industry
- Response of Alfalfa to Headline Fungicide
The 2014 Symposium will also feature Level 1 Certification for professional nutrient applicators which will take place the afternoon of Monday, Jan 20 and is free to participants who register for both Tuesday and Wednesday sessions.
For a full agenda, more information or to register online, please visit www.midwestforage.org.