The Federation of Animal Science Societies Scientific Advisory Committee on Animal Care and the American Veterinary Medical Association are collaborating on a dynamic webinar series on current and emerging trends in animal welfare.
The first webinar on gestation sow housing is scheduled for 1-2:30 p.m. (central standard time) on May 11, 2012. Registration is free but you must be registered to attend. You must create an account before registering. Once an account has been created, you will be immediately directed to the registration form. Click on the following to start the registration process:
The program includes an introduction by John McGlone, Texas Tech University. Following presentations include:
- Gestation and Farrowing Crates and Pens, Ken Stalder, Iowa State University;
- Options for Group Housing of Sows, Yuzhi Li, University of Minnesota-Morris;
- Scientific Comparison of Gestation Housing Systems, Gail Golab, American Veterinary Medical Association;
- Space Needed for Group-Housed Sows, Janeen Salak-Johnson, University of Illinois;
- Lameness and Injuries Among Gestating Sows, Anna Butters-Johnson, Iowa State University;
- Genotypes for Group Housing, Craig Lewis, PIC.
- Options for the Future – Ways to Move Forward, John McGlone, Texas Tech University.
There will be time for questions and discussion.